If you have decided to settle in Singapore, there are several things that you need to consider like finding a home and a school for the children, buying a car, opening a bank account and learning the language. Fortunately, all of these things are easily available through the internet and it only takes a few clicks on the mouse to search for information. For example, if you are considering a language school Singapore, there are listings according to the languages you want to learn.
Important things you have to know about learning a new language in Singapore
- There is no dearth for language schools in Singapore because of the great demand coming from students, expats and foreign nationals. Most language schools Singapore are located right in the heart of the city to ensure that is within convenient distance from home, work or school.
- There are four official languages in Singapore; English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil. If you are not conversant in English or Chinese, it is very easy to enroll in one of language schools that offer English or Chinese courses. Different levels of language learning are available and it is important to determine which of the course levels will suit you best.
- When you enroll for a language course, take note that you have many options. For example, if you have no prior English background, you can take the beginner course where you learn to converse in the shortest time possible. If already know the basics, you can take the intermediate course where you are taught business English and correspondence including specialized courses that will certainly improve your English communication capabilities.
- Languages courses are usually provided in classrooms with a maximum of 4 to 6 students so that the teacher can give equal attention to everybody. If you cannot attend classroom learning, your option is private lessons where the teacher adjusts the learning process based on your availability. This type of language school Singapore is significantly more expensive because it is like a crash course that teaches you a second language in a customized way. Private lessons are more apt for corporate executives who frequently fly and barely have enough free time to go back to school and learn a new language.
- It can be assumed that functional and practical English and Chinese are the more popular languages studied by most expats because they are more commonly used in the workplace and within their communities. However, language school Singapore also teaches other languages like Basic Level Korean, Conversational Mandarin, Beginner French Course, Conversational Bahasa Indonesia and Basic Thai. There is even a Latin course that is not actually a widely studied or learned language.
Singapore happens to be the perfect place to learn a second language because of the many opportunities to practice the newly acquired skills. Whether you are learning English or Mandarin or any other language offered by the schools, there is no dearth for people you can converse with because of the population happens to be composed by different nationalities.